Accelerating Physics 2017
August 14th-16th 8am-4pm Location- Science and Mathematics Complex, SUNY Buffalo State
Join us for another great workshop of physics and physics teaching! The Western NY Master Teachers will host physics, physical science, and engineering technology Master Teachers from around New York State for a 3-day workshop that will include:
• Morning coffee and Teslamania!
• Sessions about physics and physics teaching presented by your master teacher colleagues
• Make & Take projects for teaching and demonstrations: Teachers will be invited to organize a Make & Take project for the rest of the group. Workshop space, tools, and materials will be arranged.
• Field trips to Western New York manufacturing and research facilities.
• After hours, informal activities to promote collaboration across the state.
On-campus, apartment style housing will be available. The cost to your Regional MT organization is $400 + $59/night Housing. Please inform your Site Coordinator if you would like to participate.
What Master Teacher region are you in?
Mid-Hudson, New Paltz
Finger Lakes, Geneseo
North Country, Plattsburgh
Southern Tier, Binghamton
Mohawk Valley, Oneonta
Capitol Region, Albany
Long Island, Stony Brook
NYC, Math and Science for All
What subject(s) you do you teach?
Although Dave Henry will organize this workshop, the master teachers will provide the instruction and presentations. This is an opportunity for you to share and work with each other. A subsequent call for presenters will be sent out in spring. To guide our planning, briefly describe what you most hope to experience in this workshop.
Additional comments or questions:
Do Not Fill This Out